The Pubs and Restaurants National Account department covers 5 distinct areas of National business:
- National Pub Companies
- Casual Dining
- Regional and Family Brewers and retailers
- Leisure sector – including theatres and cinemas
Reporting to, and supported by the Director of Sales for Pubs and Restaurants, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing, growing and winning National business in this area.
- Develop the Business strategy to maintain and develop sales opportunities and increase profitability
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships in order to increase business performance
- Develop, manage and implement a Joint Business Plan with the customer that ensures delivery of key agreed volume and margin targets aligned to the commercial and business unit strategy.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration across National Accounts and successfully bring together cross functional working practices with the wider Bibendum team.
- Analyse consumer and customer insight data, and include this data in sound, commercial strategy.
- Identify, recommend and drive the implementation of key commercial business initiatives to increase sales opportunities and optimise profit growth.
- Lead, monitor and help develop the National Account Managers to ensure competent and capable resources with the ability to develop and maximise profit.
- Establish, agree and monitor individual activity and performance measures/standards to optimise sales and performance in line with annual KPI’s
- Maintain a strong awareness and understanding of the alcohol and licensed trade market to ensure business plans and practices adequately reflect market and customer changes.
- Identify sales volume / value growth opportunities through the ongoing analysis of customer and market performance information.
- Bring together and maximise opportunity with Brand Owners to drive marketing, support and profitability across account responsibility.
- Develop new business alongside Head of Sales and relevant BDMs
- Ensure that brand owners help drive new opportunities and introductions with relevant parties
- Experienced sales leader at an Account Director level of a high turnover business
- Commercial approach & with a solid understanding of the business, market and customer profile
- Numerically bright with sound analytical capability combined with attention to detail & planning
- Negotiating and influencing capability with experience of leading a key and complex negotiation with a high degree of commercial autonomy
- Demonstrable experience in / understanding of:
- Engaging, developing and managing all aspects of a customer relationship to enhance business performance
- Pricing strategy & evaluation
- Brand positioning and portfolio strategy
- Consumer insight
- Category management
- Man management
- Resilience, tenacity and pro-activity