Are you a commercially savvy ‘sommelier’? A sales person of the most profitable ‘plonk’? This role could be the right ‘vintage’ for you.
High profile and well rewarded, our team of Wine Development Specialists are our ‘not-so-secret’ weapon who make a significant difference to the bottom line of wine and champagne sales growth in our business.
Working within the wholesale On-Trade this role is responsible for driving sales across our extensive wine and champagne categories. Sitting within our Scottish Business Unit the role works closely with our account managers to prospect and win new wine-led accounts as well as be a passionate ambassador of our extensive wine portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review wine performance within regional designated portfolio
- Working with our sales force to develop new wine business
- Prospect for new business independently
- Provide valuable input and insights into preparation and presentation of tenders
- Build confidence and capability of the sales team with all things wine
- Active involvement in all wine related events and marketing opportunities
- Work with our Sales and Marketing Planning Manager to ensure all internal communication is on target
- Feedback to development and buying teams about range enhancement opportunities
- Deliver and manage any additional support requirements to accounts e.g. training
What we’re looking for:
- Level 3/Advanced WSET & ideally diploma (or working towards), with extensive specialist knowledge
- Account management experience
- Experience of presenting at a senior level
- Numerical and analytical skills – with an ability to manipulate data in excel
- Confidence in presenting and ability to use PowerPoint to a polished standard
- Full Driving Licence (max of 6 points)
You might be an experienced wine-focused sales person looking for a new challenge, or someone with a brand/supplier background who is looking to increase your professional reach with a change in scene. This is a field based role the successful person required to already live, and work, on patch in either Manchester or Liverpool.
You will bring your extensive knowledge and friendly nature to the role. Confidence when presenting will be key as so much of this role is about effectively communicating, and passing knowledge on to others. You must have a strong commercial awareness as well as successful account management experience in order to be considered for this role.
This is an exciting time to join our company. With ambitious plans for growth, and expanding reach throughout the UK, we are looking for an equally enthusiastic ‘enologist’ to join the team.
What we can offer you:
This opportunity is backed by a superb package including the opportunity to earn generous incentive based bonus. Other benefits include 26 days holiday with the opportunity to purchase a further week, contributory pension scheme, company car, private healthcare cover, life assurance, childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes.