The Group Events Executive supports the Senior Events Manager to deliver all our customer facing Conviviality events plus major internal Group events, including our annual conference.
- Support the execution of all Conviviality customer events and major internal events e.g. annual conference
- Administrative support for all events – venue queries, site visits, RSVP management etc.
- Provide creative input into events – from deciding venues & catering, to event activity & themes, to products & collateral required
- Great networking across the Group to deliver success on the build up to and during events
- Managing key event aspects; including acting as point of contact with venues, caterers, logistics providers and suppliers
- Managing customer and supplier communications to a high level of professionalism
- Overseeing events on the day; including problem-solving, managing event set-up, communicating with staff, welcoming customers, and organising exhibitors
- Staying within budget while planning & executing events
- Communicating with marketing team on communications plan for each event; including creating advertising and invitation copy, and directing social media plan
- Planning multiple events at once across different companies and brands
- Brand Marketing teams
- Customer Marketing team
- Commercial Team including Buyers and Supplier Relationship Managers
- Sales teams
- Finance teams
The above refers to Group wide teams & individual business teams.
- Trade customers & prospects - correspondence for invitation & RSVPs
- Suppliers – wine, spirits & beer - informing & liaising
- Venues (including customers and none customers) – organisational
- Suppliers – event logistics (eg Wine Sorted), catering (numerous) – organisational
- Service providers eg ticketing/ registration (eg LiveBuzz, EventBrite), stand build contractors (eg CPI) – organisational
Skills and experience
- Basic experience of working within events/ marketing
- Knowledge of and interest in wine, spirits and beer
- Considerable experience of Excel – for use with managing databases & financial administration
- Must be educated to A-Level or equivalent
- Experience of working in a similar role within events/ marketing
- Considerable experience working within the wine/ drinks industry
- Educated to Degree level
- WSET Intermediate or above
- Team player with keen attention to detail
- Considerable experience of working as a self starter – managing workload & taking responsibility for tasks given to you
- Must be assertive and resourceful as the candidate will need to direct & get assistance from suppliers and colleagues in the run up to and during events
The roles Line Manager, Senior Events Manager, is based in Bristol, with 1 or 2 days per week spent in the London office (plus attendance of events). Therefore the candidate must be able to work independently and without constant supervision.
Candidate will need to be flexible in working hours over events – eg early starts/ late finishes – in order to assist with or manage event set up & breakdown.
Travel to events around the UK, although largely London based. Travel will generally be to major cities, with some overnight stays needed.