Laithwaites Wine are currently looking to recruit a permanent part time Retail Wine Adviser for our Solihull Shop. This is a permanent part time role working 14 hour per week on a rota basis. Full flexibility will be required to cover shift and delivery times.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous retail experience, excellent customer service and knowledge of wine would be advantageous.
- To give exceptional levels of customer service by providing advice and assistance on selecting wine in a pleasant and efficient manner.
- To maximise sales revenue in person and on the telephone through up-selling, adding on and using targeted, personal recommendations.
- To maintain the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance whilst representing Laithwaites.
- Maximise sales revenue through up-selling, tele-sales, wine plan and events.
- To contribute to the daily and weekly store communication process.
- Contribute to the shop achieving its sales targets.
- Exceed customer expectations through ascertaining their needs using; open questions, using their purchase history, building relationships, offering tastings from the table and actively listening.
- Achieve a good level of wine knowledge to assist the customer and build towards taking the WSET higher certificate.
- Maintain efficient and effective working practices within the showroom (including presentation standards) – ensuring you have a good working knowledge of the Best Practice manual and the Shop Seller Training manual.
- Work as part of a team to create a positive and motivated atmosphere.
- The showroom is a busy retail environment and you will generally be required to be on your feet for the majority of the day. You will be located in the showroom at all times. There will be a constant interaction with both customers and colleagues. There is a team atmosphere where everybody should ‘pitch in’.
- Receiving deliveries, storing and replenishing stock and carrying customers’ orders to their cars.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to GCSE Level or above (essential)
- Retail Experience (essential)
- Wine Knowledge (desirable)
Personal Qualities and Skills:
- Excellent Communicative with Influencing Skills
- Customer Focused
- Personally Effective
- Passion for and willingness to learn about wine
- Self starter with an ability to attain targets and overcome all realistic objective
- Provides excellent customer service and takes responsibility for own actions
- Constantly strives for high standards and consistently achieves them
Permanent full time
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
How to Apply:
To apply for this vacancy please submit your CV and covering letter addressed for the attention of Mike McAuley to email@example.com. Alternatively via post to Direct Wines, One Waterside Drive, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Reading, RG7 4SW.