Competition! As education partners for People's Choice Wine Awards, the Wine & Spirit Education Trust is supporting an exclusive competition open to students who have attained their Level 3 Award in Wines or above.
Monday, February 25, 2019
6.00pm - 10.00pm
Wine tasting competition
The People’s Choice Wine Awards, now in its second year, is the only UK based national wine awards dedicated to and judged by wine lovers. It also has unique categories which accurately reflect the buying decisions of the average consumer and covers all types of wines and occasions.
As education partners for PCWA, the Wine & Spirit Education Trust is supporting an exclusive competition open to students who have attained their Level 3 Award in Wines (& Spirits) and above. Two lucky winners will join the expert panel in the second round, who will select the winning wines from those shortlisted in round one.
Round 2 judges include:
- Amelia Singer: Presenter, The Wine Show and wine writer
- Kate Goodman: Presenter, BBC Food and Drink and independent wine merchant
- Mike Turner: Wine blogger, Please Bring Me My Wine
- Brian Elliott: Wine writer and founder of Mid-Week Wines
- Peter Ranscombe: Wine writer and freelance journalist
- Sorcha Holloway: Founder of #ukwinehour and wine communicator
Full details of the awards, judges and categories can be found here.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 31 August 2018. The two selected winners will be notified shortly after this date and added to the judges list on the website. They will also be invited to the awards ceremony, held in Manchester, on 25 February 2019.
The online application process is simple and can be found here.
The Ts & Cs
- Only one application per person is permitted.
- Winners must be available to attend a half day judging session, in Manchester, in late September (date to be confirmed).
- To qualify you must:
- have passed your WSET Level 3 Award in Wines, OR
- be enrolled on the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits, OR
- have passed your WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits
If you require any further clarification, please contact: Janet@peopleschoicewineawards.com