The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) is delighted to announce that New Zealand Winegrowers, the only unified national winegrowers industry body in the world, has become a WSET Bronze Corporate Patron. This is a global partnership, with WSET supporting New Zealand Winegrowers in its key export markets.
As a Bronze Corporate Patron, New Zealand Winegrowers joins a growing list of high-profile organisations in the trade who have partnered with WSET in recognition of its vital role in the global wine and spirits industry. WSET’s Corporate Patrons programme provides essential funding to help the organisation develop its world-class courses and qualifications, as well as its online global campus and professional membership body for graduates. The programme also helps organisations add value to their own business by maximising the benefits of training and giving them access to WSET’s global network of professionals and enthusiasts.
New Zealand has become a strong market for WSET, showing a 24% growth in candidates over the last year. This reflects the growing demand across all major wine producing areas worldwide for wine education. Drinks professionals and enthusiasts can take WSET courses at one of seven approved course providers in New Zealand.
Ian Harris, WSET Chief Executive, says, “We’re honoured to welcome such an influential generic body as New Zealand Winegrowers to our international Corporate Patrons network. New Zealand plays an important role in the global wine industry, bringing its delicious wines to millions of consumers worldwide. We look forward to working with them and supporting each other in achieving our business goals.”
Philip Gregan, CEO, New Zealand Winegrowers, added, “New Zealand Winegrowers are delighted to become a WSET Bronze Corporate Patron. We recognise the huge contribution they make in training and educating the future leaders and influencers of the wine industry, as well as making wine accessible and enjoyable for consumers right across the globe.”
About New Zealand Winegrowers
• New Zealand Winegrowers is the national organisation for the country's grape and wine sector, with around 700 grower members and over 700 winery members.
• Established in March 2002, it is the only unified national winegrowers industry body in the world. New Zealand Winegrowers conducts a wide range of tasks to support its members including research, advocacy, sustainability and marketing both domestically and in international export markets.
• New Zealand wine exports are currently valued at $1.83 billion (taken from June 2019 exports)
• Wine is New Zealand’s sixth largest export good.
• New Zealand wine is exported to more than 100 countries.
To learn more about WSET courses and find a local Approved Programme Provider visit our Where to Study Page.