Explore the many premium-quality wine regions of Portugal, a truly diverse wine-producing country, from Vinho Verde in the north down to Alentejo in the south. Presented by wine writer, educator and Portuguese wine expert Sarah Ahmed.
Tuesday, July 2, 2019
Tastings finish between 8.00 and 8.30pm.
39-45 Bermondsey Street, London. SE1 3XFShow on map
How much does it cost?
Intermediate wine tasting
Portugal has been one of the most exciting wine-producing countries in the world for some time now, but for too long its dry wines have largely gone under the radar, in the shadow of the more famous fortified wines from the Douro Valley. In this tasting we look beyond Port to discover a broad range of different wine regions from north to south. You'll discover the true quality and diversity that Portugal has to offer, and taste some exceptional examples of its key indigenous grape varieties.
About Sarah Ahmed
Sarah Ahmed is a UK-based wine writer and educator and a renowned authority on Australian wine. As well as publishing her own blog, The Wine Detective, she also writes for numerous publications and has contributed to many leading wine reference books. She won Portuguese wine writer of the year in 2009 and is the Regional Chair for Portugal at the Decanter World Wine Awards.
- Quinta do Soalheiro Alvarinho 2018 (Moncao e Melgaco Vinho Verde DOC)
- Casa de Mouraz Branco 2017 (Dao DOC)
- Casal Santa Maria Arinto 2014/15 (Lisboa VR)
- SIVIPA Serra Mae Castelao 2015 (Palmela DOC)
- Luis Pato Vinhas Velhas Tinto 2016 (Bairrada DOC)
- Quinta dos Roques Touriga Nacional 2015 (Dao DOC)
- Niepoort Redoma Tinto 2016 (Douro DOC)
- Quinta do Mouro Tinto 2012 (Estremoz, Alentejo DOC)
Booking Terms and Conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received, we cannot take provisional bookings.
Transfer requests will be accepted up to two weeks before each event.
- Up to 2 weeks before the tasting you will receive a refund less 10%.
- Within 2 weeks of the tasting fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Book online or call student services on 020 7089 3841 for bookings or any booking related enquiries.
If you have any other enquiries about any of our tastings please email firstname.lastname@example.org