Join wine writer and educator Sarah Ahmed, AKA The Wine Detective, for this advanced-level masterclass exploring McLaren Vale's 'alternative variety' wine scene.
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Tastings finish between 8.00 and 8.30pm.
39-45 Bermondsey Street, London. SE1 3XFShow on map
How much does it cost?
Advanced wine tasting
Join wine writer and educator Sarah Ahmed to discover why McLaren Vale in South Australia has been at the vanguard of Australia's 'alternative variety' wine scene.
This masterclass, featuring eight wines, will focus primarily on Italian and Iberian varieties which are making their mark countrywide and beyond. Not least because alternative varieties have been a lightening rod for winemaking techniques which value food-friendly structure and texture as much as fruit and, most definitely, over oak. Sarah will also explore the climate and market-driven reasons why McLaren Vale's producers have been drawn to working with these varieties in this place.
About Sarah Ahmed
Sarah Ahmed is a UK-based wine writer and educator and a renowned authority on Australian wine. As well as publishing her own blog, The Wine Detective, she also writes for numerous publications and has contributed to many leading wine reference books. In 2017 she was awarded ‘Honorary Australian Woman in Wine’ at the annual Australian Women in Wine Awards.
- Chalk Hill Vermentino, 2018
- Brash Higgins CHN Willamba Hill Vineyard Chenin Blanc, 2017
- Bondar Fiano, 2018
- Oliver's Taranga Mencia, 2018
- Hither Yon Tempranillo, 2018
- Alpha Box & Dice Nero d'Avola, Siren, 2016
- Lino Ramble Domino Montepulciano, 2017
- D'Arenberg The Sticks and Stones (Tempranillo, Grenache, Souzao, Tinta Cao), 2014
Booking Terms and Conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received, we cannot take provisional bookings.
Transfer requests will be accepted up to two weeks before each event.
- Up to 2 weeks before the tasting you will receive a refund less 10%.
- Within 2 weeks of the tasting fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Book online or call student services on 020 7089 3841 for bookings or any booking related enquiries.
If you have any other enquiries about any of our tastings please email email@example.com