Our next Industry Matters talk with Imbibe UK explores the future of drinks marketing and the different approaches taken by the wine, spirits and beer categories.
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Event finishes by 8.30pm.
39-45 Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 3XFShow on map
How much does it cost?
(includes a welcome drink)
Panel talk and Q&A
Following on from the success of the ‘Industry Matters’ stage at Imbibe Live 2019, we’re partnering up with Imbibe to provide year-round opportunities for the drinks industry to get together and discuss the burning hot topics of today.
Hosted here at WSET School London, our next talk will focus on the future of drinks marketing, and the different approaches taken by the wine, spirits and beer categories.
Wine marketers have classically been great at talking about terroir, provenance and pedigree, while spirits brands are famous for big, flashy activations. Craft beer has had success with community building to keep fans loyal, engaging consumers with interesting ingredients and production methods.
But with the emergence of crossover brands (think hopped wines and solera-aged beers), and with many consumers becoming more diverse in their drinking habits, how are drinks marketers adapting their strategies?
Key discussion topics
- What can the different categories learn from each other?
- Are they missing a trick by not working side by side?
- How are 'crossover' brands impacting the categories?
- How category loyal is the modern consumer?
- What does the future of drinks marketing look like?
Taking the form of a panel talk and Q&A, we’ll be chatting to industry figures who’ve made a name for themselves and their brands due to their outside-the-box marketing approaches in their respective categories. We’ll discuss what they’ve tried, what they're working on now, and what you can do, too.
Who’s it for?
- Anyone involved in any form of drinks marketing
- Those looking to share ideas and learn from organisations who have successfully devised disruptive marketing ideas
- Budding entrepreneurs keen to understand how to start marketing effectively
We’ll discuss all aspects of the term ‘marketing’, ask you what it means to you and your business. Most importantly, you'll get the chance to ask the leaders in their field anything you like.
Speakers details to follow soon
Anyone working in the drinks industry can click here to claim a free subscription to Imbibe.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
If you would like to book over the phone or have any particular enquiries about this event, please call our Student Services team on 020 7089 3841. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com.