Richard Lane takes a detailed look at the fascinating Languedoc region, including its sparkling wine history, the role of Carignan in modern Languedoc wines, and the use of classic grape varieties from outside of the region.
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
Tastings finish between 8.00 and 8.30pm.
39-45 Bermondsey Street, London. SE1 3XFShow on map
How much does it cost?
Intermediate wine tasting
Following on from his first Languedoc tasting at the School in March, journalist and WSET Diploma student Richard Lane returns to offer you the chance to get closer to this large, diverse and constantly evolving historic region of southern France. You do not need to have attended the first tasting to enjoy the great selection of wines on offer.
This tasting will include a traditional sparkling wine with a history that pre-dates Champagne, some international varieties that might appear more at home in Burgundy, and the role of Carignan, once much maligned, but, thanks to a new generation of winemakers, now playing an important role in 21st century Languedoc.
- Antech, Blanquette de Limoux Reserve, 2016
- Henri Nordoc, IGP Pays d'Oc Chardonnay, 2018
- Mas Gabriel Blanc, Pays de l'Hérault (Carignan Gris) Coteaux du Languedoc, 2018
- Domain de Mouscaillo, Pinot Noir, IGP Haute Vallée de l'Aude, 2016
- Domaine Thierry Navarre, Saint-Chinian "Le Laouzil," 2016
- Clos Fantine, “Cuvée Tradition” Faugères, 2016
- Domaine de La Réserve, “La Réserve d'O” Rouge Terrasses de Larzac, 2017
- Domaine Jones, Fitou, 2016
Booking Terms and Conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
If you would like to book over the phone or have any particular enquiries about this event, please call our Student Services team on 020 7089 3841. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com.