Join wine writer and educator Sarah Ahmed to explore Australia's Margaret River - one of the world's newest wine regions, but one which has quickly developed a reputation for the production of exceptionally fine wines.
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Tastings finish between 8.00 and 8.30pm.
39-45 Bermondsey Street, London. SE1 3XFShow on map
How much does it cost?
Advanced wine tasting
As one of the world’s youngest wine regions, Margaret River achieved success and acclaim at an early age, being identified as being an ideal climate for grape growing and the production of fine wine. Its Mediterranean climate and strong maritime influence, ancient soils and long gentle ripening season provide lots of opportunities for creating premium quality, fruit-driven wines.
In this advanced-level masterclass, wine writer and educator Sarah Ahmed will focus in on two of the region's most important grape varieties - Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon (five of each will be tasted) - to explain the key features and trends that are unique to Margaret River.
About Sarah Ahmed
Sarah Ahmed is a UK-based wine writer and educator and a renowned authority on Australian wine. As well as publishing her own blog, The Wine Detective, she also writes for numerous publications and has contributed to many leading wine reference books. In 2017 she was awarded ‘Honorary Australian Woman in Wine’ at the annual Australian Women in Wine Awards.
- Leeuwin Estate, Art Series Chardonnay, 2016
- Flametree, SRS Chardonnay, 2017
- Domaine Naturaliste, Artus, 2017
- Fraser Gallop Estate, Fraser Gallop Estate - Parterre Chardonnay, 2018
- Cherubino Wines, Cherubino Margaret River Chardonnay, 2018
- Hay Shed Hill Wines, Hay Shed Hill Block 2 Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014
- Xanadu Wines, Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014
- Voyager Estate, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014
- Vasse Felix, Vasse Felix Cabernet Sauvignon, 2015
- Cape Mentelle, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016
Booking Terms and Conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
If you would like to book over the phone or have any particular enquiries about this event, please call our Student Services team on 020 7089 3841. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com.