Château de Pommard return with perhaps our closest examination of the notion of 'terroir' to date. Focusing on just one 'climat' - Clos Marey-Monge, you'll taste the influence of small changes in microclimate and soil composition on the style of these wonderful wines.
Monday, November 25, 2019
Tastings finish between 8.00 and 8.30pm.
39-45 Bermondsey Street, London. SE1 3XFShow on map
How much does it cost?
Advanced wine tasting
Clos Marey-Monge is Bourgogne's largest monopole. Protected by a two-metre high stone wall that was built at the beginning of the 19th century, it surrounds the beautiful Château de Pommard. This masterclass allows you to explore the effect of small changes in 'terroir' through a tasting of six wines, all from this famous climat, and all from the 2017 vintage, but each from a different part of the clos.
Hosted by Olivier Bouchard, Brand Ambassador for Château de Pommard, enjoy wines from the different microclimates and from vines planted on different soil compositions including limestone, iron-rich clay, alluvium and other minerals essential to Pinot Noir.
About Olivier Bouchard
Olivier is private wine advisor and brand ambassador for Château de Pommard in the UK and Northern Europe. He completed a master's degree in Wine Business in Bordeaux at the Inseec Business School and completed the WSET Level 2 and 3 qualifications while back in Montreal. He started out his wine career by working for a Bordeaux Negociant. He then decided to venture into establishing an Italian wine distribution in the Bordeaux area before joining Château de Pommard.
- Clos Marey-Monge Micault 2017, £47.50
- Clos Marey-Monge Grands Champs 2017, £58.33
- Clos Marey-Monge Les Paules 2017, £62.50
- Clos Marey-Monge 75 Rangs 2017, £80.83
- Clos Marey-Monge Chantreries 2017, £88.33
- Clos Marey-Monge Monopole 2017, £110
Booking Terms and Conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
If you would like to book over the phone or have any particular enquiries about this event, please call our Student Services team on 020 7089 3841. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com.