Discover the modern Turkish wine scene through a tasting of two of the country’s most exciting grape varieties, Narince and Kalecik Karasi, aka KK. Hosted by Turkish wine specialist Serhat Narsap DipWSET.
Monday, November 18, 2019
Tastings finish between 8.00 and 8.30pm.
39-45 Bermondsey Street, London. SE1 3XFShow on map
How much does it cost?
Intermediate wine tasting
Turkey has been dubbed “the youngest of the oldest” wine producing countries, with wine having been produced in Anatolia for thousands of years. Today, the wine scene in Turkey is going through a renaissance.
While learning about Turkish wine in general, this discovery tasting will focus on two indigenous grape varieties - Narince (white) and KK (Kalecik Karasi). You’ll have the chance to taste eight wines from different regions of Turkey.
About your host
Serhat Narsap DipWSET was born in Istanbul and has lived in London since 2002. After a long career as a project manager, Serhat dived into wine world in 2015 when he set up Sonvino Ltd. As a specialist importer, the focus of Sonvino is on artisan wines. Serhat has recently completed his WSET studies and is a regular wine judge at international wine competitions such as IWC, Mundus Vini and Concours Mondial de Bruxelles.
- Kayra, Narince, 2018
- Vinkara, Narince, 2018
- Arcadia, Narince, 2018
- Vinolus, Narince, 2018
- Kayra, Kalecik Karasi, 2018
- Vinolus, Kalecik Karasi, 2018
- Tomurcukbag, Kalecik Karasi, 2016
- Vinkara Mahzen, Kalecik Karasi, 2016
Booking Terms and Conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
If you would like to book over the phone or have any particular enquiries about this event, please call our Student Services team on 020 7089 3841. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com.