Join Anjali Douglas for a battle between the iconic wines of the 1990s vs today’s biggest wine hits.
Beginner's wine tasting
Come along to WSET School London for a battle of the decades: wines that were big in the 90s vs the top picks of today. Educator Anjali Douglas will take you through four head-to-head pairings and then you’ll vote on which decade reigns supreme. You might be surprised which wines come out on top!
This tasting would also be the perfect gift for any wine lover who'd enjoy a trip back in time to the 90s era.
Example wine list:
- Codorníu Selección Raventós Cava VS Villa Sandi Prosecco Rosé
- Wolf Blass Yellow Label Chardonnay VS Quinta do Ermizio Chin Chin Vinho Verde
- Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau VS Porte Noire Rosé Organic
- Robert Mondavi Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon VS Lubanzi Shiraz Grenache Mourvèdre
About the presenter, Anjali Douglas:
Anjali worked in hospitality while studying her A-Levels, never intending to make a career out of it. She then started working in education for museums and galleries, producing events and festivals to attract diverse audiences. She caught the wine bug five years ago and returned to hospitality, starting her new career in a wine bar, before moving on to become responsible for training hospitality staff and sommeliers for a wine distributor. Now, she teaches Levels 1-2 at WSET School London. No matter what industry she is in, Anjali’s aim is to open up conventionally elitist institutions, art forms, and beverages, to more.
Let us know if you're attending:
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The wine list and speaker/s may be subject to change
Beginner: No prior knowledge required, only enthusiasm! Perfect if you want to try something new, brush up on the basics, or taste some delicious drinks.