Join Ed Wicks for an introductory dive into the delicious world of gin and learn how to mix the perfect gin and tonic.
Beginner spirits tasting
The popularity of gin is seemingly unfaltering, but with an ever-growing number of styles and flavours to choose from, it can be difficult to know which bottle to select for your drink.
In March, educator and gin-lover Ed Wicks will be leading an exploration of all things gin at WSET School London. You will discover a world of fantastic flavours, tasting six unique gins from different distilleries. You'll find out about the diverse range of botanicals that go into the production of this wonderful spirit, from the traditional to the innovative, as well as learn how to craft the perfect G&T to impress your friends (or simply enjoy for yourself!) Come and find your new favourite style of gin.
Example gin list
- Strane Navy Strength London Dry Gin
- Nikka Coffey Gin
- Xoriguer Mahon Gin
- Stone Gaze Rhubarb & Raspberry Gin
- Zuidam 1 Year Old Korenwijn Jenever
- Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz Gin
About Ed Wicks DipWSET
Ed has been working in the drinks business in some form since he turned 18 years old. A long stint as a cocktail bartender laid the foundation for his love of spirits. It was during this time he decided to study the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits qualification, which also ignited his passion for wine. Within a few busy years, he had completed both the Level 3 and Diploma.
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The wine list and speaker/s may be subject to change
Beginner: No prior knowledge required, only enthusiasm! Perfect if you want to try something new, brush up on the basics, or taste some delicious drinks.