Join Ed Wicks for an introductory dive into the world of whisk(e)y and have fun trying a range of delicious samples, from Scotch whisky to Bourbon.
Beginner spirits tasting
Do you enjoy drinking whisk(e)y but don't know much about the different styles?
In this introductory tasting, WSET School London educator Ed Wicks DipWSET will guide you on a worldwide tour of whisk(e)y, stopping off at a few of the famous destinations as well as some others that are off the beaten path. You will learn the differences between Scotch whisky, Irish whiskey, Bourbon and more – and explore the diversity between different expressions of this wonderful spirit. We will be tasting six different samples, so come and discover your new favourite style!
Example whisk(e)y list:
- Yellowstone Select Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Woodford Reserve Rye Whiskey
- Redbreast 12 Year Old Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey
- Yamazaki Distiller's Reserve Japanese Single Malt Whisky
- Glenfarclas 10 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Port Charlotte 10 Year Old Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky
About Ed Wicks DipWSET
Ed has been working in the drinks business in some form since he turned 18 years old. A long stint as a cocktail bartender laid the foundation for his love of spirits. It was during this time he decided to study the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits qualification, which also ignited his passion for wine. Within a few busy years, he had completed both the Level 3 and Diploma.
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The wine list and speaker/s may be subject to change
Beginner: No prior knowledge required, only enthusiasm! Perfect if you want to try something new, brush up on the basics, or taste some delicious drinks.