Ed Wicks DipWSET kicks off the first in a series of tastings in which our educators showcase a flight of wines that they think you should know about.
Our new "What to drink" series gives WSET School London's expert educators the opportunity to go off the beaten track and present a flight of wines covering everything and anything – from their favourite bottles and wines they've recently discovered, to dinner party fail-safes, supermarket hacks, or simply wines they wish more of us knew about.
For the debut session, Ed Wicks DipWSET will present a fascinating and delicious flight which he believes offers great value for money, and he'll share some top tips along the way. Come along to discover your new favourite wine, try something different, and discuss the wonderful hidden corners of the wine world.
- Massolino Moscato d’Asti
- Juan Carlos Sancha, Ad Libitum Maturana Blanca Rioja
- Qvevri Tsitska Amber Wine, Georgia
- S.C. Pannell, `Old McDonald` Blewitt Springs McLaren Vale Grenache
- Santa Rita ‘Triple C’ Maipo Valley
- KEO Commandaria St John Muscat Wine, Cyprus
- Craigellachie 13 Year Old (whisky)
- Plus a surprise blind wine to be revealed on the evening!
(The majority of samples in our "What to drink" series will be wine, but our educators might show a sample or two from another category that they also think you should know about!)
About the presenter, Ed Wicks DipWSET
Ed has been working in the drinks business in some form since he turned 18 years old. A long stint as a cocktail bartender laid the foundation for his love of spirits. It was during this time he decided to study the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits qualification, which also ignited his passion for wine. Within a few busy years, he had completed both the Level 3 and Diploma. Read our interview with Ed.
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The wine list and speaker/s may be subject to change
Intermediate: An in-depth exploration of a particular topic. Some prior knowledge is beneficial – such as a WSET Level 2 qualification – but these sessions will be enjoyable and educational for anyone with an interest in the subject.