Join Ed Wicks DipWSET for a roundup of world whiskies/whiskeys from off the beaten path.
To celebrate World Whisky Day, Ed Wicks DipWSET has put together a truly outstanding line-up of whiskies/whiskeys from countries that might not immediately spring to mind. Ed will guide you through six premium samples, each carefully selected to showcase the sheer quality that exists outside of Scotland, Japan or the USA. So, step outside of tradition and try bottles from a diverse range of regions as we dig into the ethos of each distillery and how this is transformed into these rare and sensational spirits.
- Abasolo Mexican Corn Whiskey
- Oxford Rye Whisky 004 Graduate England
- Starward Fortis Single Malt Australia
- Kavalan Sherry Oak Taiwan
- Mackmyra Moment Efva Sweden
- Amrut Kadhambam 2019 Release Batch 14 India.
*Supported by The Whisky Exchange
About the presenter, Ed Wicks DipWSET
Ed Wicks has been working in the drinks business in some form since he turned 18 years old. A long stint as a cocktail bartender laid the foundation for his love of spirits. It was during this time he decided to study the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits qualification, which also ignited his passion for wine. Within a few busy years, he had completed both the Level 3 and Level 4 Diploma in Wines.
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The spirits list and speaker/s may be subject to change
Intermediate: An in-depth exploration of a particular topic. Some prior knowledge is beneficial – such as a WSET Level 2 qualification – but these sessions will be enjoyable and educational for anyone with an interest in the subject.