Join Ed Wicks DipWSET, sweet wine enthusiast, for this intermediate-level virtual tasting featuring four different sweet wines – perfect for an indulgent Christmas.
Virtual wine tasting
Join us for a tasting of top-quality wines from the comfort of your own home. This virtual tasting event will be hosted by Ed Wicks DipWSET via Zoom. Each of the four half bottles of wine has been carefully selected from The Little Fine Wine Company as examples of premium quality wines that express the diversity of sweet wines, highlighting different methods of production from sparkling wines to fortified. On the evening we will talk about the different grape varieties, winemaking techniques and locations of each wine as well as the story behind them, before tasting each sample together. Ed will be enjoying these wines with a mince pie and a wedge of stilton and encourages attendees to do the same.
How will it work?
- Upon booking you will receive an email requesting delivery details. You'll receive a pack of four different half bottles by post ahead of the tasting (see booking conditions below)
- Spaces will be limited to maintain the intimate feel of our in-person events, and so each person will have the opportunity to ask questions of the educator
- The tasting will last up to two hours
- You will receive printable tasting sheets and mats via email
- On the day of the tasting, or shortly before, you will receive an email with a Zoom link to join the events
- All you need is some wine glasses, a bottle opener, and a device with an internet connection
- Wine samples can be delivered to any mainland UK address, excluding Highlands and Islands. Unfortunately, samples cannot be delivered to Northern Ireland or outside of the UK
- The cost is per screen so are you welcome to share the wines with other members of your household (if you want to)!
- Vietti Cascinetta Moscato d'Asti 2020
- JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenhuhr Riesling Auslese 2018
- Chateau Petit Vedrines Sauternes 2016
- Quinta do Infantado Ten Year Old Tawny Port
*These may be subject to change depending on availability, but all participants will have the same wines.
About Edward Wicks DipWSET:
Ed has been working in the drinks business in some form since he turned 18 years old. A long stint as a cocktail bartender laid the foundation for his love of spirits. It was during this time he decided to study the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits qualification, which also ignited his passion for wine. Within a few busy years, he had completed both the Level 3 and Diploma. He was awarded the Porter & Laker Scholarship prize at Level 3 and both the Louis Jadot and Yvonne May Wine Australia Scholarship prizes at Diploma. He is a enthusiastic champion of sweet wines and is always trying to make new converts to the style.
Booking conditions and wine delivery
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
Places must be booked by 24 November 2021 in order to receive the wine samples in time for the event.
Wines can be delivered to any address in the UK mainland, excluding Highlands and Islands. Unfortunately, wine samples cannot be delivered to Northern Ireland or outside of the UK.
Cancellations can be made up to 24 November 2021
Cancellations made after 24 November 2021 are non-refundable
WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note that you will be contacted for your address details upon booking. Your address will be shared with The Little Fine Wine Company for the purposes of order fulfilment and delivery. Your data will not be shared for marketing purposes.
Please note: The wine list and speaker/s may be subject to change
Intermediate: An in-depth exploration of a particular topic. Some prior knowledge is beneficial – such as a WSET Level 2 qualification – but these sessions will be enjoyable and educational for anyone with an interest in the subject.