Join Julia Lambeth DipWSET for this intermediate level virtual tasting featuring four different fine wines from two famous grape varieties.
Join us for a tasting of top-quality wines from the comfort of your own home. This virtual tasting event will be hosted by Julia Lambeth DipWSET via Zoom. Each of the four half bottles of wine has been carefully selected from The Little Fine Wine Company as examples of premium quality wines that express the typical style and character of the grape variety whilst also exhibiting elements of location and winemaking that will make for an interesting comparison. On the evening we’ll discuss the grape varieties, their wine regions and stories behind them, before tasting each wine together.
How will it work?
- Upon booking you will receive an email requesting delivery details. You'll receive a pack of four different half bottles by post ahead of the tasting (see booking conditions below)
- Spaces will be limited to maintain the intimate feel of our in-person events, and so each person will have the opportunity to ask questions of the educator
- The tasting will last up to two hours
- You will receive printable tasting sheets and mats via email
- On the day of the tasting, or shortly before, you will receive an email with a Zoom link to join the events
- All you need is some wine glasses, a bottle opener, and a device with an internet connection
- Wine samples can be delivered to any mainland UK address, excluding Highlands and Islands. Unfortunately, samples cannot be delivered to Northern Ireland or outside of the UK
- The cost is per screen so are you welcome to share the wines with other members of your household (if you want to)!
- Domaine Jean Defaix Chablis, 2019, France
- Kumeu River Hunting Hill Chardonnay 2019, Auckland, New Zealand
- Echeverria Merlot, Chile
- Chateau Bonalgue Pomerol, 2017, France
About Julia Lambeth DipWSET
Julia started out in the wine trade as a novice, working at Majestic Wine for a number of years as a retail manager. After completing the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines and winning the Codorníu Scholarship prize, she started a wine tasting company running WSET courses alongside a variety of other wine, beer, spirit and sake events. Julia joined WSET School London's teaching faculty in September 2019. She now teaches our wine courses across all levels, and develops new events and tastings to support students' studies.
Booking conditions and wine delivery
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Please note: The wines may be subject to change depending on availability, but all participants will have the same wines.
Cancellations and transfers
Places must be booked by 30 January 2022 in order to receive the wine samples in time for the event.
Wines can be delivered to any address in the UK mainland, excluding Highlands and Islands. Unfortunately, wine samples cannot be delivered to Northern Ireland or outside of the UK.
Cancellations can be made up to 30 January 2022
Cancellations made after 30 January 2022 are non-refundable
WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
You will be contacted for your address details upon booking. Your address will be shared with The Little Fine Wine Company for the purposes of order fulfilment and delivery. Your data will not be shared for marketing purposes.
Intermediate: An in-depth exploration of a particular topic. Some prior knowledge is beneficial – such as a WSET Level 2 qualification – but these sessions will be enjoyable and educational for anyone with an interest in the subject.