Join Lauren Denyer DipWSET to discover some innovative and sustainable solutions for packaging wine. A percentage of the ticket price will be donated to a charity promoting sustainable practice.
What are the alternatives to glass packaging? Can these contain high quality wines and attract consumers from around the world?
Wine packaging is evolving rapidly. In recent years, producers have started selling premium wine in formats including cardboard, tetrapacks and cans.
In this masterclass, Lauren Denyer DipWSET will discuss whether these new formats are contributing to sustainability or if they're simply seductive green-washing. Come and taste wines from producers attempting to change our perceptions of wine in alternative formats and discover if there are any limits to what can be achieved with unconventional wine packaging.
Wines will include examples from Chateau Galoupet, The BIB Company, When in Rome, Lubanzi, Ruinart and Garcon Wines.
Example wine list
- The Uncommon Carbonated PN Rosé
- Ruinart - Second Skin Blanc de Blancs
- Sancerre BIB Company
- Lubanzi Chenin Blanc Can
- Chateau Galoupet 2021
- Rouge du Grappin Bagnum
- Torres Carmenere, Packamama
- When in Rome Primitivo Paper Bottle
About the presenter, Lauren Denyer DipWSET
Lauren teaches all levels of WSET wine qualifications and is the Diploma Events and Enrichment Manager for the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines. She has extensive teaching experience having worked as a head of faculty in a secondary school and as an education consultant before and during the completion of her WSET studies. Lauren completed the WSET Diploma in June 2017, is a Certified Sherry Educator and a Stage 2 Master of Wine student.
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event.
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event.
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible.
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The sample list and speaker/s may be subject to change.
Masterclass: Our most advanced sessions, suitable for those who have a WSET Level 3 qualification or equivalent knowledge. Gain expert knowledge and insights from a specialist speaker.