Discover the variety that Languedoc has to offer as we focus on the region's sparkling, white and rosé wines in the second instalment of the South of France series.
While the Languedoc is best known for its red wines, this huge region is home to plenty else beside Syrah and Grenache. In our second instalment of the South of France series, we explore the other styles of wine that the region has to offer.
Join Sam Povey as we travel from sandy vineyards on the shores of expansive coastal lagoons to verdant hills and ruined castles where France's first sparkling wines were produced. Along the way, you'll samples wines from familiar favourites like Chardonnay and Chenin to obscure natives like Mauzac. We'll also sample some wines with a bit of age to prove just how well they can mature.
Each session will have a selection of snacks from France and beyond to enjoy alongside the wines.
Save £35 by booking all four sessions for £180.
Example wine list
- Antech - Cremant de Limoux "Grand Cuvee Oubliee" 2015
- Domaine Félines Jourdan - Picpoul de Pinet 2020
- Domaine de Mouscaillo - Limoux Blanc 2019
- Domaine Clos des Calades - "Pink Têtu" 2021
- Mas des Agrunelles - "Barbaste" 2020
- Costeplane - "Pioch de L'Oule" 2019
- Alain Chabanon - "Trelans" 2015
- Mas de Daumas Gassac - Blanc 2011
About the presenter
Sam Povey is a wine educator from Aberdeen, Scotland. He first discovered his interest in wine at university and pursued it by travelling to Georgia and his local wine shop. Before joining the industry, he was an economics tutor but fell into wine when he took a job behind the bar at an urban winery. He then moved into wine and food retail in north London: managing wine lists, hosting tastings and training staff. Today, he teaches the WSET Levels 1-2 Awards in Wines and hosts events at WSET School London. Read our Q&A with Sam.
Other sessions in this series
- Part 1: Red wines of the Languedoc (Thursday 18 May)
- Part 3: Wines of Provence (Thursday 1 June)
- Part 4: Wines of Roussillon (Thursday 8 June)
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The wine list and speaker/s may be subject to change
Intermediate: An in-depth exploration of a particular topic. Some prior knowledge is beneficial – such as a WSET Level 2 qualification – but these sessions will be enjoyable and educational for anyone with an interest in the subject.