The consortia of Alto Adige DOC wines and Etna DOC wines have joined forces to host this free masterclass with Master of Wine Nancy Gilchrist.
Alto Adige is the Italy’s northernmost winegrowing region and over 800 miles away, Etna is one of Italy’s most southerly. Despite this geographical difference, the two regions have some similarities: a long history of top quality production and unique growing conditions. Alto Adige DOC wines are influenced by the varied altitude levels in sub-Alpine valleys, whilst down in Sicily the island’s Mediterranean warmth is tempered by the cooling effect of altitude on Mount Etna and the varied volcanic soils which make these wines unique.
Join Nancy Gilchrist MW for this masterclass where you will have the opportunity to explore a range of both Alto Adige DOC wines and wines from Etna DOC.
Please note this event has been organised by Sopexa on behalf of Alto Adige DOC and Etna DOC. This event is taking place at WSET School London but is not being run by us.
Example wine list
- Nals Margreid Alto Adige DOC Pinot Bianco Sirmian 2021
- Manni Nössing Alto Adige Valle Isarco DOC Kerner 2022
- Castelfelder Alto Adige DOC Chardonnay Riserva Burgum Novum 2019
- Josef Weger Alto Adige DOC Vernatsch Kol 2022
- Cellar Muri-Gries Alto Adige DOC Lagrei Riserva Abtei Muri 2020
- Azienda Agricola Raiti Emanuela Etna DOC Bianco Quantico 2018
- Fischetti Enta DOC Bianco Muscamento 2022
- Donnafugata Etna DOC Bianco Sul Vulcano 2021
- Raciti Etna DOC Rosso Rupestre 2020
- Zumbo Etna DOC Rosso Sannedda Contrada Santo Spirito 2019
About the presenter, Nancy Gilchrist MW
Nancy became an MW in 1995. She is an independent wine educator; erstwhile consultant to The Oxford Wine Company, The Wine Scholar Guild and director of Christie's Wine Education. She is the current UK Ambassador to Consorzio Vini Alto Adige and longtime lecturer at Leith's School of Food & Wine, guest lecturer for international corporate events, experienced speaker on South African wine and specialist champagne houses, and acknowledged reference on the interaction of food and wine.
Masterclass: Our most advanced sessions, suitable for those who have a WSET Level 3 qualification or equivalent knowledge. Gain expert knowledge and insights from a specialist speaker.