Challenge your perceptions of Australia and taste some incredible wines at this tasting with Emma Symington MW.
This event has been postponed. All attendees will be contacted and a new date arranged soon.
Join Emma Symington MW for an in-depth exploration of Australia’s key regions and classic wine styles, whilst learning about the country’s climatic diversity, old vines and 200+ years of winemaking history. The evening will showcase nine wines covering sparkling, white, red and fortified styles to showcase the huge diversity Australia has to offer with a focus on premium wines that offer real value for money. Enjoy the wines alongside a small selection of snacks from Borough Market.
Example wine list
- Jansz Vintage Cuvee Tasmania
- Tyrrell's Vat 1 Semillon Hunter Valley
- Mitchell Clare Valley Riesling 2002
- Vasse Felix Heytesbury Chardonnay
- Giant Steps Applejack Pinot Noir Yarra Valley
- Thistledown This Charming Man Grenache McLaren Vale
- Wynns Black Label Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon
- Schild Estate Moorooroo Shiraz Barossa 2017
- Chambers Rosewood Rutherglen Muscat NV
Masterclass: Our most advanced sessions, suitable for those who have a WSET Level 3 qualification or equivalent knowledge. Gain expert knowledge and insights from a specialist speaker.
About the presenter, Emma Symington MW
Emma has worked in the wine trade for the past 15 years in a variety of roles, including buying and selling wine, and even working a vintage in New Zealand. She is now Education Development Manager for Wine Australia's EMEA region, based in their London office, where she organises and hosts a series of tastings, seminars and masterclasses to help increase enthusiasm in and knowledge of Australia’s wines and wine regions.
After winning the Vintners' Cup and Vintners' Scholarship for the top WSET Level 4 Award in Wines Diploma graduates in 2011, Emma embarked on the Master of Wine course, becoming an MW in 2015. A WSET-certified educator, Emma judges at several international wine competitions and also writes for the Wine Monkeys blog, for which she won the Emerging Wine Writer category in the 2014 Louis Roederer Awards.
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event.
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event.
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible.
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The sample list and speaker/s may be subject to change.