Gonzalez Byass is known worldwide as one of the great Spanish wine families, with almost 200 years of history in Jerez. Over the last few decades, the company has expanded its winemaking into the other great DOs of Spain, and more recently into Chile, with the purchase of Veramonte earlier this year.
Gonzalez Byass UK is the wholly owned British subsidiary, distributing not only the Spanish wines, but also a number of other great wineries from around the world.
Our portfolio is diverse, ranging from the Gonzalez Byass family of wineries in Spain and Chile, to renowned brands including Mclaren Vale’s Wirra Wirra, Jackson Estate from New Zealand, Domaine Zind Humbrecht and Champagne Deutz from France, and Quinta do Noval’s legendary ports.
We have an experienced and passionate team of 25 people in the UK selling to both the on and off trade sectors. We are seeking to recruit a new member of the Marketing team to support sales with the delivery of marketing led events within our trade accounts, and ensuring that we provide consistent training to our key Spanish customers.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Represent Gonzalez Byass at any customer open wine events
- Be the Beronia or Vilarnau brand champion at Txoko or Calcotada events
- Develop bespoke training courses on main product groups (sherry, Rioja, cava) with supporting materials for professional customer/staff education and training
- Run staff training at all our Spanish customers on a continuous basis.
- Monitor and communicate competitor activity and listings at key accounts to marketing and sales colleagues
- Represent Gonzalez Byass UK at trade and consumer wine shows as necessary
- Help set up and dismantle events with Marketing
- Audit customer accounts. Prepare spreadsheets and new line forms as necessary.
- Liaise between sales and marketing on ad hoc matters.
- Manage customer stock allocations on relevant products eg Palmas, Tio Pepe en rama, Vintage ports.
- Support sales team with product information, POS, customer offer letters, promotional offers, etc as directed by line manager
Core competencies required for this role:
- Fluent Spanish & English speaking (Desirable)
- Strong communication skills (articulate and outgoing)
- Self-motivated to deliver what’s needed to do a great job.
- A good understanding and appreciation of Spanish culture around wine and food.
- Well organised with good attention to detail
- Wine knowledge /WSET studies are a big advantage
- Well presented; friendly, open, optimistic, can-do attitude
- Basic user knowledge and competence of Microsoft programmes.
If you think you have the skills, enthusiasm and attitude to make you a great member of our team we would love to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to develop a new trade marketing role and gain experience in a business that has great passion for its products.
This role is based in the St Albans office but will spend much of the week visiting customers in London and elsewhere. A flexible approach to working hours will be needed, with some evening and weekend work. All applicants will be required to have a Right to Work in the UK.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary IRO £22,000 - £25,000, depending on experience, plus extensive benefits (Pension, Private Healthcare, wine allowance etc.)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV with a covering note explain why you think you’d be great for this job to Alison Easton, Head of Marketing, email@example.com