We are currently looking to recruit a Retail Wine Advisor for our Arch Store. This role is a Fixed Term contract, looking to start as soon as possible and will end July 2017. This is a full time role working 40 hours per week with full flexibility required to cover weekend, evenings and holiday cover.
To give exceptional levels of customer service by providing advice and assistance on selecting wine in a pleasant and efficient manner. To maximise sales revenue in person and on the telephone through Up-selling, adding on and using targeted, personal recommendations. To maintain the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance whilst representing Laithwaite’s.
- Maximise sales revenue through up selling, tele-sales, wine plan and events.
- To contribute to the daily and weekly store communication process.
- Contribute to the shop achieving its sales targets.
- Exceed customer expectations through ascertaining their needs using; open questions, using their purchase history, building relationships, offering tastings from the table and actively listening.
- Achieve a good level of wine knowledge to assist the customer and build towards taking the WSET Level 3 certificate.
- Maintain efficient and effective working practices within the showroom (including presentation standards) – ensuring you have a good working knowledge of the Best Practice Manual and the Shop Seller training manual.
- Work as part of a team to create a positive and motivated atmosphere.
- The showroom is a busy retail environment and you will generally be required to be on your feet for the majority of the day. There will be a constant interaction with both customers and colleagues. There is a team atmosphere where everybody should ‘pitch in’.
- Receiving deliveries, storing stock, replenishing stock and carrying customers’ orders to their cars.
Desired/Required skills or experience:
- Educated to GCSE level or above
- Retail experience (essential)
- Wine knowledge (desirable)
- Excellent Communicative with Influencing Skills
- Customer Focused
- Personally Effective
- Passion for and willingness to learn about wine
- Self starter with an ability to attain targets and overcome all realistic objectives
- Provides excellent customer service and takes responsibility for own actions.
- Constantly strives for high standards and consistently achieves them.
Fixed Term contract until 01/07/2017
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package
How to Apply:
Andrea Folkard, HR Coordinator, Direct Wines, 1 Waterside Road, Arlington Business Park, RG7 4SW or email firstname.lastname@example.org