Join the co-founder of the UK's first sake brewery as he tells KANPAI's fascinating story, describes their production process and presents six sakes.
Combining traditional Japanese techniques with South London style, KANPAI made history in 2017 by launching the UK's first sake brewery, and Europe's first sake taproom. Meaning “cheers” in Japanese, the name reflects co-founders Tom and Lucy Wilson's belief that good sake deserves to be enjoyed amongst old friends and new.
At this event, head brewer Tom will be visiting WSET School London to tell the story of his groundbreaking Peckham-based brewery and share a selection of delicious sakes to try.
“We craft modern London-style sakes using traditional Japanese techniques. KANPAI is experimental at heart and ongoing exploration forms a huge part of our motivation to brew sake,” he says. Come and discover what they're all about.
- "FIZU" Sparkling Sake (natural sparkling)
- "SORA" Honjozo Sake
- "SUMI" Tokubetsu Junmai Sake
- "KUMO" Tokubetsu Junmai Nigori Sake (cloudy)
- "KURA" Aged Koshu Sake (3.5 year)
- "HANA" Yuzu Fruit Sake
Plus 2022 season's first taste of KANPAI's fresh pressed Junmai Ginjo Sake "KAZE"...
About the presenter, Tom Wilson
Tom Wilson is the co-founder and head brewer at KANPAI London Craft Sake. Tom set up the UK's first sake brewery in 2017, with his wife Lucy. Based in Peckham, they craft a range of award-winning British sakes using traditional Japanese techniques. Tom is a self-confessed brew and food obsessive, always pushing the boundaries of what can be created and enjoyed.
Tom has achieved the WSET Level 3 Award in Sake and is Gekkeikan Brew School Certified. He also judges for the International Wine Challenge (IWC) and is a proud member of the Brewing Society of Japan.
Let us know if you're attending:
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The sample list and speaker/s may be subject to change
Beginner: No prior knowledge required, only enthusiasm! Perfect if you want to try something new, brush up on the basics, or taste some delicious drinks.