The second evening in our five-part Bordeaux series focuses on some of the more diverse and unusual offerings from the region, including some lesser-known or lesser-planted grape varieties.
Discover the more unusual wines produced throughout the Bordeaux region. Whether it's sparkling Crémant de Bordeaux, whites made from Sauvignon Gris or reds from the lesser-planted Cabernet Franc or Malbec varieties, this tasting will show you a different side of this famous region.
Example wine list
- Cremant de Bordeaux Blanc Louis Vallon
- Chateau le Coin Sauvingon Gris Bordeaux 2021
- Asphodele Chateau Climens Barsac 2019
- Chateau La Fleur Haut Gassen La Viminiere Bordeaux 2018
- Petit Verdot by Belle Vue Bordeaux 2018
- Hortevie Saint Julien 2010
- La Fleur de Bouard Lalande de Pomerol 2016
- G D’estournel Medoc 2019
About the presenter, Michelle Cherutti-Kowal MW
Michelle is a dual Italian/Canadian citizen who left behind the Toronto finance world to build an enviable career as a freelance wine educator, speaker and consultant in London. An established figure in the global wine trade, Michelle teaches WSET qualification courses, judges international wine competitions and presents tastings and masterclasses all over the world.
Michelle teaches all levels of qualification at WSET School London, with a particular focus on the Level 4 Diploma. Michelle's specialist-level knowledge and engaging teaching style have made her one of the UK's most sought-after wine educators.
Other sessions in this series
- Wednesday 8 March - Modern Bordeaux
- Wednesday 22 March - Left Bank Bordeaux
- Wednesday 29 March - Right Bank Bordeaux
- Wednesday 5 April - Bordeaux cult wines and second labels
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The wine list and speaker/s may be subject to change
Intermediate: An in-depth exploration of a particular topic. Some prior knowledge is beneficial – such as a WSET Level 2 qualification – but these sessions will be enjoyable and educational for anyone with an interest in the subject.