The final evening in our five-part Bordeaux series offers a rare opportunity to compare the Grand Vin of top producers against their second labels and get to know some of the cult wines of Bordeaux. Presented by Michelle Cherutti-Kowal MW.
With the prices of top Bordeaux wines creeping ever higher, consumers are increasingly looking towards second wines. Take this rare chance to taste a selection of super-premium wines from the Left Bank, Pomerol and St-Emilion against their second labels. Presented by Michelle Cherutti-Kowal MW.
Save £40 by booking all five Bordeaux tastings as a series.
Example wine list
- Reserve de la Comtesse 2005, Pauillac
- Clos de Marquis 2005, St Julien
- Les Songes de Magdelaine 2006, Saint Emilion Grand Cru
- La Petite Eglise 2010, Pomerol
- Chateau Magdelaine 2006, Saint Emilion Premier Grand Cru Classe
- Château L'Eglise-Clinet 2008, Pomerol
- Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande 2004, Pauillac
- Château Leoville Las Cases 2004, St Julien
About the presenter, Michelle Cherutti-Kowal MW
Michelle is a dual Italian/Canadian citizen who left behind the Toronto finance world to build an enviable career as a freelance wine educator, speaker and consultant in London. An established figure in the global wine trade, Michelle teaches WSET qualification courses, judges international wine competitions and presents tastings and masterclasses all over the world.
Michelle teaches all levels of qualification at WSET School London, with a particular focus on the Level 4 Diploma. Michelle's specialist-level knowledge and engaging teaching style have made her one of the UK's most sought-after wine educators.
Other sessions in this series
- Wednesday 8 March - Modern Bordeaux
- Wednesday 15 March - Undiscovered Bordeaux
- Wednesday 22 March - Left Bank Bordeaux
- Wednesday 29 March - Right Bank Bordeaux
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The wine list and speaker/s may be subject to change
Intermediate: An in-depth exploration of a particular topic. Some prior knowledge is beneficial – such as a WSET Level 2 qualification – but these sessions will be enjoyable and educational for anyone with an interest in the subject.