Julia Lambeth DipWSET will be kicking off our first Germany series by exploring the wine regions of Mosel, Nahe, and Ahr. Come along to taste some exceptional Riesling and Pinot Noir, discover some lesser-known wines, and uncover Germany's all-important connection between site and style.
The Mosel region is one of the most famous in Germany and has a long history of producing long-lived, exceptional wines. Riesling rules here, and Julia will be showing a variety of styles of this not-so cult favourite varietal as we explore the connection between site and style.
Julia will also guide you through white wines of the Nahe and you'll find out how Ahr became so famous for outstanding Spätburgunder (Pinot Noir), despite its more northerly location. If you haven’t yet got into German Pinot Noir, now is the time!
You'll also get a German cheese and charcuterie to taste alongside the flight of wines.
Example wine list
- Dr Loosen Red Slate Dry Riesling
- Dr Loosen Slate Riesling
- JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Kabinett
- Dönhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Riesling Spätlese
- Markus Molitor Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese 2003
- Meyer-Näkel Frühburgunder
- Weingut JJ Adeneuer Kleine Kammer Spätburgunder
- Nelles B48 Landskrone Spätburgunder GG 2015
Other sessions in the series
- Rheingau, Rheinhessen and Pfalz (Thursday 9 March)
- Baden, Württemberg and Franken (Thursday 16 March)
About the presenter, Julia Lambeth DipWSET
Julia started out in the wine trade as a novice, working at Majestic Wine for a number of years as a retail manager. After completing the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines and winning the Codorníu Scholarship prize, she started a wine tasting company running WSET courses alongside a variety of other wine, beer, spirit and sake events. Julia joined WSET School London's teaching faculty in September 2019. She now teaches our wine courses across all levels, and develops new events and tastings to support their studies. Read our Q&A with Julia.
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event.
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event.
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible.
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The sample list and speaker/s may be subject to change.
Intermediate: An in-depth exploration of a particular topic. Some prior knowledge is beneficial – such as a WSET Level 2 qualification – but these sessions will be enjoyable and educational for anyone with an interest in the subject.