Discover the diversity of German wine in the second session of the series. Julia Lambeth DipWSET will take you through the regions of Rheingau, Rheinhessen and Pfalz, showcasing a range of styles from fizz to barrel-fermented whites and even ice wine!
The Rheingau has been producing top Riesling for centuries and is the perfect place to explore the sheer versatility of this variety, from traditional-method sparkling wine to ice wine.
At this tasting, we'll also be exploring the wines of Rheinhessen and Pfalz, exploring how different growing conditions and grape varieties have produced a wide variety of styles including ripe Grauburgunder and flinty Chardonnay. Taste your way through some classic fine German wines and lesser-known styles, including a surprise wine that you'll taste blind!
You'll also get a German cheese and charcuterie to taste alongside the flight of wines.
Example wine list
- Kunstler Riesling Brut 2018
- Schloss Johannisberg Silberlack Riesling GG
- Weingut Küling-Gillot Ölberg Riesling GG
- J B Becker Riesling Walkenberg Riesling Spätlese Trocken 2011
- Messmer Muschelkalk Grauburgunder
- Von Winning Chardonnay
- Ice Wine
- A surprise...
Other sessions in the series
About the presenter, Julia Lambeth DipWSET
Julia started out in the wine trade as a novice, working at Majestic Wine for a number of years as a retail manager. After completing the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines and winning the Codorníu Scholarship prize, she started a wine tasting company running WSET courses alongside a variety of other wine, beer, spirit and sake events. Julia joined WSET School London's teaching faculty in September 2019. She now teaches our wine courses across all levels, and develops new events and tastings to support their studies. Read our Q&A with Julia.
Booking terms and conditions
Payment in full must be made at the time of booking and places are not confirmed until payment has been received. Unfortunately we cannot take provisional bookings.
Cancellations and transfers
- Cancellations and transfers can be made up to two weeks before the event.
- Cancellations within 10 working days are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another event.
- If you need to change a name on the booking, please give us as much notice as possible.
- WSET School London reserves the right to cancel an event. If necessary, a full refund or transfer will be offered.
Please note: The sample list and speaker/s may be subject to change.
Intermediate: An in-depth exploration of a particular topic. Some prior knowledge is beneficial – such as a WSET Level 2 qualification – but these sessions will be enjoyable and educational for anyone with an interest in the subject.