Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our business. They are central to our mission to provide accessible best-in-class education and qualifications to inspire and empower the world's wine and spirits professionals and enthusiasts.
WSET courses are available in more than 70 countries across every continent (except Antarctica), offering qualifications in over 15 different languages. As a global organisation, it is important to us that our employee base reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and work and the course providers and students we serve. We are striving to create a working environment that is enriched by inclusion and which recognises, values and encourages diversity. We want everyone to feel welcome at WSET by valuing individuality, and creating a sense of belonging.
All our 800+ Approved Programme Providers (APPs) are required, as part of our Code of Conduct, to have a diversity and equality policy in place offering all students open access to WSET qualifications whilst treating them fairly and without bias or prejudice.
- As part of this policy, we require them to allow candidates with special educational needs, disabilities or temporary injuries access to our qualifications.
- As an OfQual recognised Awarding Body, we have to ensure that our curricula, materials, and examinations are free from any risk of bias or prejudice against any candidate.
- We offer a full range of online courses, making our qualifications accessible to students with disabilities or who live in remote areas.
- We ensure that students who do not consume alcohol for personal reasons (e.g. religious belief or health requirements) are not disadvantaged and are able to take our Level 1 and 2 qualifications.
- All of our APPs, from sole proprietorships in emerging markets to the largest multinational corporations in the drinks industry, receive the same resources and support from our Business Development Teams.
We recognise the role that WSET must play in helping to make our industry a more accessible, inclusive and diverse place in which to work, in particular for individuals from ethnically diverse backgrounds and other underrepresented communities.