"Being a part of the WSET Level 3 [Award] in Spirits course was a fantastic experience! Some of the best education that I’ve received in this industry taught by folks who are passionate about what they are teaching. If you are looking to grow as a professional in this industry you have to have a solid foundation of knowledge to build upon. This course provides for that and so much more."
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 84 hours* of study time:
- 30 hours delivery time with a WSET course provider
- 51 ½ hours personal study and revision
- 2 ½ -hour examination
*Delivery will vary by course provider; however, this is the minimum requirement that should be met.
The 2½ hour closed-book examination is made up of:
- Unit 1: a two-part theory examination
- Part 1 is made up of 50 multiple-choice questions
- Part 2 is made up of short answer questions
- Unit 2: a tasting examination of two spirit samples tasted blind
You will need to pass both parts of the theory examination (Unit 1), and the tasting examination (Unit 2), to achieve the qualification.
On successful completion of the examination you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated certified logo.