"In a market flooded with new spirits and brands it is imperative to be able to differentiate style, quality, and price for our customers. This qualification does a great job preparing sales professionals, bar managers and buyers with this skill."
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 84 hours* of study time:
- 30 hours delivery time with a WSET course provider
- 51 ½ hours personal study and revision
- 2 ½ -hour examination
Available to study in these languages:
*Delivery will vary by course provider; however, this is the minimum requirement that should be met.
The 2½ hour closed-book examination is made up of:
- Unit 1: a two-part theory examination
- Part 1 is made up of 50 multiple-choice questions
- Part 2 is made up of short answer questions
- Unit 2: a tasting examination of two spirit samples tasted blind
You will need to pass both parts of the theory examination (Unit 1), and the tasting examination (Unit 2), to achieve the qualification.
On successful completion of the examination you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated certified logo.