The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET), the largest global provider of wine and spirits qualifications, has announced that it will be running a Level 4 Diploma in Wines roadshow across key markets before the new qualification goes live on 1st August 2019.
The roadshow comprises a series of information sessions which will take place in WSET’s pop-up classroom at forthcoming global wine and spirit trade shows and through its flagship London school. The roadshow gets underway at VinExpo New York on 4th March and will run through to the WSET School London session in Manchester on July 22nd. The full itinerary of events is as follows:
- Vinexpo NYC | 4 March | 3.00pm | WSET Pavilion, Exhibit Hall
- ProWein | 17 March | 10.00am | North Entrance, EN05
- WSET School London | 11 April | 6.30pm
- Prowine Asia Hong Kong | 7 May |00pm | Hall 3F, Forum 1
- WSET School London | Dublin | 13 May | 6.30pm
- London Wine Fair | 21 May | 1.00pm | Education Zone
- WSET School London | Manchester | 22 July | 6.30pm
The information sessions, aimed at prospective students, will give a first look at the new WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines with its exclusive focus on wines, updated specification and new digital learning materials. The sessions will explain why the WSET Diploma is changing, what the new WSET Diploma looks like, how it differs from the current WSET Diploma and how students will benefit from taking the new qualification. Participants will also get the opportunity to hear first-hand from Diploma graduates in the industry on how the qualification has helped them progress their careers. Finally, they will be able to find out where and how they can study for the new WSET Diploma.
WSET Chief Executive Ian Harris says, “As a result of our announcement last year launching the new Level 4 Diploma in Wines, we realise that many prospective WSET students are keen to understand how this qualification will differ from the existing offering. The current WSET Diploma has been available for so long and is such a gold standard for wine education that the changed format is bound to raise a lot of questions. We are therefore excited to be able to launch this roadshow across our key markets in New York, Germany, London and Hong Kong.”
“At WSET our students are at the forefront of every decision we make about the business, so we felt that it was important to reach out and give prospective students around the world the opportunity to talk with us face-to-face about the new WSET Diploma. We want to show how the new programme will improve their student experience, providing them with expert-level product knowledge whilst enabling the development of professional skills key to success in the global wine business.”
The WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines is WSET’s new flagship qualification that will replace the current Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits from 1st August 2019. The key changes are:
- the removal of spirits to allow more in-depth coverage of wine
- an increase in the delivery time for the Wines of the World Unit
- a different assessment format for the two ‘foundation’ Units - covering wine production and wine business - tailored to new learning outcomes to ensure candidates have achieved the required knowledge for success in later Units
- a new in-depth research assignment designed to assess the candidate’s ability to research beyond WSET’s learning materials to evaluate the current trends in wine.
For trade shows, please visit the WSET stand onsite at the specified time as places will be allocated on a strictly first come, first served basis. For the WSET School London sessions, please book online at wsetschool.com/tastings.
Current students of the WSET Diploma who have questions about the changes and how they impact their studies are advised to speak directly to their course provider.
To learn more about WSET’s qualifications or to find out where you can study please visit WSETglobal.com.