WSET is delighted to announce its sponsorship of BAME in Hospitality’s The Colour of Wine webinar series. The Colour of Wine is a three-part webinar series which aims to explore the wine industry from previously unheard perspectives.
BAME Founder Lorraine Copes comments, “Through this series of webinars we want to examine what stepping into the wine industry is like as a person of colour, highlighting individual experiences and looking at the opportunities for change.”
The first webinar will take part on Wednesday 2 September at 8pm GMT with the following panellists: wine writer Aleesha Hansel, blogger Pursuit of Grapeness, wine communicator and writer Sumi Sarma, and English rosé producer Elisha Rai. The panel discussion will be followed by a live wine and food pairing - based on foods from the heritage of the panellists - and a short Q & A session. You can register for the first webinar at Eventbrite.
The second webinar takes place on Wednesday 16th September and the final webinar in the series on Wednesday 30th September.
BAME in Hospitality is a UK based not for profit organisation with a mission to drive education, amplify voices, build community and accelerate racial equality.
- Elisha Rai – Co-Founder of craft wine Folc Rose
- Sumi Sarma – Founder of Sumilier
- Aleesha Hansel – Freelance Wine Writer
- Pursuit of Grapeness (Saira) – Wine Communicator
- Nada Ahmed – Wine Ambassador at Kained
- Tanisha Townsend – Chief Wine Officer of Girl Meets Glass
- Audrey Annoh-Antwi – Sommelier/FOH at Lorne Restaurant.
- Anoushica Matthews – Sales at Liberty Wines / Events at Sweet Spice Wines
Episode 3 - Wednesday 30th September, 8pm GMT
Link to register coming soon
- Mag Janjo – Sales Director at MJ Wine Cellars
- Shane Jones – Wine and Sake Educator
- Louie Rodrigues – Communications Consultant at Corking Digital