Deniece Bourne, WSET’s Business Development Manager (Americas East and The Caribbean), is taking part in Diversity in Wine and Spirits’ and SommCon’s live webinar series - Unheard Voices in Wine - on Friday 26th June. This two-part series, featuring prominent black wine professionals, will discuss issues surrounding diversity in the wine industry and how you can become an ally by creating a more diverse and inclusive environment.
The other panellists are: DLynn Proctor, Director, Fantesca Estate; Brenae Royal, Vineyard Manager, Monte Rosso Vineyard; and Rick Arline, Wine Director, Auburn Los Angeles. The session will be moderated by Lia Jones, Executive Director of Diversity in Wine and Spirits, and Philippe André, U.S. Ambassador, Charles Heidsieck Champagne.
Topics on the agenda for discussion include:
- Post COVID-19 hiring practices relating to marginalised professionals
- Why representation matters and how marginalised professionals can obtain more visibility
- Why allies are important and what they can be doing to support marginalised professionals
- Recognising wine companies doing diversity work and analysing how you can learn from them
- Educating organisations on why it is important to have people of colour on their boards and leadership teams
- You can register for the webinar until 11.59 PDT Thursday 25 June here.
Edit: The session was live on Friday 26th June at 9.00 PDT but if you were unable to join, a recording of the session is available if you sign-up here.