We have put together a handy calendar with the key international wine and grape days for 2023.
If you are looking for new wines or tasting inspiration our ever-growing wine and grapes days calendar should guide you through the dates throughout the four seasons.
Whether you are mad for Mavrud or star-struck for Shiraz, we have you covered. In addition, we have also included some of the most used hashtags.
Happy tasting for 2023!
- 1 February - International Furmint Day - #FurmintDay
- 16 February - International Syrah Day - #SyrahDay
- 18 February - Global Drink Wine Day - #DrinkWineDay
- 3 March - International Mulled Wine Day - #MulledWineDay; #MulledWine
- 13 March - International Riesling Day - #RieslingBirthday; #RieslingDay
- 21 March - World Vermouth Day - #VermouthDay
- 14 April - Tannat Day - #TannatDay
- 17 April - World Malbec Day - #MalbecWorldDay; #WorldMalbecDay; #MalbecDay
- 27 April - World Marselan Day - #WorldMarselanDay
- 28 April - International Viogner Day - Celebrated on the last Friday of April #InternationalViognierDay
- 5 May - International Sauvignon Blanc Day - #SauvignonBlancDay; #SauvBlancDay
- 9 May - World Moscato Day - #WorldMoscatoDay
- 17 May - Pinot Grigio Day - #PinotGrigioDay
- 20 May - International Baga Day - #BagaDay. Celebrated every 3rd Saturday of May, find out more about Portuguese varieties here.
- 25 May - International Chardonnay Day - celebrated on the Thursday before Memorial Day (US) at the end of May #ChardonnayDay #InternationalChardonnayDay
- 9 June - World Verdejo Day – Held on the second Friday of every June #WorldVerdejoDay
- 18 June - Drink Chenin Blanc Day - #DrinkCheninBlancDay
- 21 June - World Lambrusco Day - #WorldLambruscoDay #LambruscoDay
- 23 June – National Rosé Day – Celebrated on the fourth Friday of June #NationalRoseDay
- 12 July - International Cava Day - #CavaDay
- 27 July – Shiraz Day - This is held on the fourth Thursday of the month #ShirazDay
- 1 August – World Albariño Day - #AlbarinoDay #WorldAlbarinoDay
- 13 August - International Prosecco Day - #ProseccoDay
- 18 August - International Pinot Noir Day - #PinotNoirDay
If you’re keen to learn more, discover the style and quality of wines made from 22 grape varieties produced in over 70 regions around the world. Head to our qualifications page to find out more about the Level 2 Award in Wines.
- 1 September - Cap Classique Day - #CapClassiqueDay
- 7 September - International Cabernet Sauvignon Day - On the is the first Thursday of September #CabernetDay; #CabernetSauvignonDay
- 8 September - National Chianti Day – Normally celebrated on the first Friday of September. #ChiantiDay
- 10 September - National Port Wine Day - Discover more about Port wine here #PortWineDay
- 15 September - International Grenache Day - Always held on the third Friday of September. Discover Grenache in-depth here. #GrenacheDay
- 5 October – World Vranec Day – Check out our blog on the North Macedonian variety here. #WorldVranecDay
- 6 October – Orange Wine Day – #OrangeWineDay
- 14 October - International Pinotage Day - Held on the second Saturday of October #PinotageDay
- 14 October – Prokupac Day – This is a red grape variety from Serbia #ProkupacDay
- 26 October - International Mavrud Day - Saint Dimitrov’s Day in Bulgaria #MavrudDay
- 26 October - International Carignan Day - The last Thursday in October #CarignanDay
- 27 October - World Champagne Day - Held on the fourth Friday of October each year #ChampagneDay; #WorldChampagneDay
- 1 November - International Xinomavro Day - #XinomavroDay; #InternationalXinomavroDay
- 7 November - International Merlot Day - #InternationalMerlotDay; #MerlotDay
- 9 November - International Tempranillo Day - Is typically celebrated on the second Thursday of November #TempranilloDay; #InternationalTempranilloDay
- 15 November – National Zinfandel Day - Held on the third Wednesday of November #ZinfandelDay
- 16 November - Beaujolais Nouveau Day - Always on the third Thursday of November #BeaujolaisNouveauDay
- 24 November - International Carménère Day - #CarménèreDay
- 1 December – International Maratheftiko Day - #MaratheftikoDay
- 4 December - International Cabernet Franc Day - #CabFrancDay; #CabFranc; #CabernetFrancDay; #CabernetFranc
- 10 December - World Aszú Day - #AszúDay #WorldAzsuDay
- 16 December - Pinot Meunier Day - #MeunierDay
This calendar is constantly expanding but please get in touch if you discover any extra international wine or grape days!
If you'd like to learn more about wine production from 15 different countries and 63 key regions, the Level 3 Award in Wines is a great fit for you.
Tap here to find out more.
- The Level 3 Award in Wines
- Exploring rosé wine from around the world
- What is vegan wine and how to find it